Sunday, February 22, 2009

CONVERSATIONS WITH EGO: Do You Want Fame or "Awakening"?



Mike: Let’s just forget about that whole “awakening” thing, shall we.

ego: But, Mike, I thought we agreed that we were “awakened”

Mike: Yea, I know…but I don’t really feel “awakened” so I guess I’m just fooling myself.

ego: How are we supposed to feel?

Mike: Um…'blissful,' I guess…at least that’s what Eckhart Tolle said on Oprah.

ego: So is Eckhart Tolle always blissful?

Mike: Hmmm…I dunno.... I suppose he would have to be in order to be “awakened.”

ego: Well, maybe he isn’t always blissful, but his ego informs him that, in order to be “awakened” he must always be blissful... and so he is.

Mike: But wouldn’t that be like pretending to be something that you’re not?

ego: Maybe you’re pretending that you’re NOT awakened?

Mike: But I’m not!

ego: How do you know? Maybe you’ve always been “awakened,” but pretend you’re not. Maybe your whole life has been pretending NOT to be “awakened.”

Mike: But pretending means you know your awakened, but act like you’re not. I don’t know I’m awakened.

ego: But I thought we agreed that we are “awakened”? If we agree on "awakening," shouldn’t that be enough?

Mike: Well… maybe for us, but I doubt anybody else will buy into it.

ego: "Anybody else"? Now I’m confused…do you want to be “awakened” or famous? Which game are we playing, Mike?

3 comments:

  1. Well that's it; "awakening" out of "context," that is out of the culture of awakening, outside the cultures that supply terminology like "awakening" and the gurus or whoever else who'll hand down a vocation. I am curious about people's experience with that.
    It is like the circular experience of being an orphan, in direct contact with the entire world all around, without point of reference. I was an orphan, which more or less doubled over exponentially to create the same. What are some others' experiences in this???

    ReplyDelete
  2. "orphan" sounds like a good representation of unattachment to conditioned reference points.

    However, I'm not sure you'll get too many other respones. This blog has been rather unkind to the awakened ones in the past, so it has been summarily black-listed.

    However, you never know...

    Much obliged for your thought-provoking comment.
    mikeS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, as a garbage man orphan it makes sense i would randomly post to this one, since i could have tailed it under any of your blogs. Attracted to the whatever is sensitively magnetized. "Even" trash needs attention, body parts are more interesting with attention, flowers too

    Thanks for your friendly reply.

    ReplyDelete