Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Awakening to a Healed MOMENT in time (together)

A healed moment occurs between two or more, because the individual ego-self is delusional. Unfortunately, such an idea has not been in vogue for quite some time and this is especially true in our modern times, were success is defined as attaining individual egocentric goals.

Nevertheless, the healed moment has nothing to do with "love" and that would be a misunderstanding. If love is a conditional, self-construct originating from past learning, thereby, having no absolute or infinite aspects, how can it be counted on to heal?

In this world, “love” is conditioned on the learned preferences of the individual ego that determines the rules for getting and giving. This is why “all you need is love” has never been successful in reducing man’s inhumanity to man and most likely never will. Yet, we will still mouth the sentiments, forgetting that those we once fervently claimed to love, have come to mean nothing to us now.

So much for "love."

Nevertheless, this is what we have come to expect from "love" and little more, which is probably a good reason to trash the concept altogether. Relative concepts, that mean something different for everyone, most likely will never have any universal application. In fact, science is in the process of breaking love down into a series of conditioned responses originating in the nervous system and if science finally succeeds in convincing us they have finally defined “love,” I believe we are most certainly doomed.

Relative “love” is simply a game in which the rules demand I sacrifice for you, in order to reap the rewards of your sacrifice for me. If I meet your expectations of love, as you define it, you reward me by providing it. Not meeting your conditions indicts me as guilty and I will be punished for my betrayal by your withholding. The game ends when either one of us (or both) chooses to no longer follow the rules, since how can you play a game without following the rules. This method of exchange has been passed down for centuries and relative love serves merely as a form of currency between two business partners.

Yet, as history demonstrates conditional love never heals, but merely applies a temporary sedative to our symptoms of abandonment and alienation from the world, others and our ‘self.’ The problem is that healing is not symptom control, but a final cure, and until we see it as such, love will continue to mean relatively little and heal relatively few.

A healed moment is an absolute state of awakening or enlightenment and that’s why a healed moment is not a "loving" moment. Oh sure, your ego-self may make an interpretation of “love.” Yet, make no mistake, a moment between two or more minds experienced as healed, was a moment that “you” were nowhere to be found (and neither was your ridiculous concept of “love"). Of course, your body may have been present, but in that moment you were not aware of it (so was it actually there?) and this is often referred to as being in the NOW.

But keep in mind that the significant difference here is that it takes two (or more) to engage a healed moment. You can't be healed without healing. Yet, what individual ego could ever accept that as truth? Such is the world we experience...

Love without condition is free of the past and this means that in your healed moment there was no “you” to experience your concept of love, based on your specific conditions, and that’s the point of healing. When two or more come together without the past, then healing can take place, because conditions are always a product of the past. I become NO longer what you require me to be.

The best way to initiate this experience is to let go of your egoic predictions as to what should, or should not, occur. Predicting "love," similar to your predictions on how to "awaken," reinforces your inclination to impose a purpose upon another and your 'self' that is contrary to TRUTH. Love is an experience of "enlightenment" that many come very close to, until eventually the egoic past floods the fertile plains and everything growing eventually dies.

Your ego-self is a product of the past and your past is the conditions you impose upon others in the present. To experience a healed moment is to be free of your conditions for BOTH. You will find that by no longer preparing for your predictions, as to what the conditions of love are, you will inadvertently be surprised by what fills the void. A moment free of the “loving” demands imposed upon another is a healing moment that must be shared to be experienced.


My eyes with your vision
My choice but always your decision
My play with your direction
Well it's my lead but always your connection

My words, your expression
My land, always your possession
My song, your production
My expense is always your deduction

But when I look into your eyes you don't believe me
I can see it in your eyes you don't believe

And the face I see before me
Is both sides of a mirror
You really know you've got a hold on me

And the face you're looking into
Is both sides of a window
And any way you look you see through me

My fame, your reflection
My weakness always your protection
Well it's my terms on your conditions
And they're my tunes but they're your compositions

But when I look into your eyes you don't believe me
I can see it in your eyes you don't believe
(Allan Parson’s Project) 

 Artwork by Chagall 

No comments:

Post a Comment