Saturday, March 7, 2009

CONVERSATIONS WITH EGO: Which Map?


ego: Bingo! Houston we have “awakening”!

Mike: Wow! I felt it too. You think it was the Big Ragu, the Whole Shebang?

ego: Well, maybe not the full enlightenment, but certainly an awakening, at the least.

Mike: What? There’s more than one? So… is this the first awakening, or was there one before it?

ego: I don’t recall any thing like that before. Must be the first.

Mike: So how many more do we need to get before we get the full enlightenment?

ego: I’m not sure. Quite a few, I think. In fact, wasn’t it four Jhanas.... or was it seven Chakras? Wait a minute, which map are we following anyway?

Mike: Damn! I didn’t even think about that…

ego: Geez, Mike, we can’t just go wondering around in the Kosmos. We gotta have a map.

Mike: But I thought we were trying to become “non-dual”?

ego: But Mike, I can’t help you read that map. Remember, non-dual means we can’t talk about this stuff anymore.

Mike: Well… if I don’t talk to you about it, how will I know when I’m there?

ego: I don’t know. But that’s what the non-dual gurus teach. Non-dualism cannot be talked about because it’s “non-conceptual” and can only be experienced.

Mike: Uh, okay….but then…how did we learn about it from the guru?

ego: He told us, silly. Good thing you got me, otherwise how would you remember all this stuff!?

4 comments:

  1. HAh! This post is hilarious! Where has this blog been, can't believe I just found it today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Albert!

    Thanks for the kind words.

    Love visiting your site too!

    Thanks,
    mikeS

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a awesome dialouge. I really enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sumiran,

    I'm glad you enjoyed the post.

    Hope to hear from you again!

    mikeS

    ReplyDelete