Saturday, June 6, 2009

CONVERSATIONS WITH EGO: No Attachment


ego: Damn! That really sucks. Mike, what’re we gonna do?

Mike: (sigh) nothing need be done. Thoughts and feelings just arise and fall. There is no identification with them.

ego: What!? What’re you talking about? We just got ripped off royally! You’re out 500 bucks.

Mike: Money is illusion.

ego: So you’re not angry you just lost 500 dollars?!

Mike: There is no “I” to be angry. Anger just arises.

ego: Oh, you gotta be kidding me. There’s no “I”? What does that make me, chopped liver?!

Mike: You don’t exist. Thoughts and feelings just arise. There is no attachment.

ego: Yea well, you may not be angry, but I’m mad as hell. So go ahead and try to ignore me. That spiritual hocus pocus may comfort you some of the time, but there will be times when you gotta face reality.

Mike: Thoughts and feelings just arise and fall. I am not identifying with them.

ego: Oh right! If some crazed attacker “arises” at you with a knife, you’re gonna be the one falling. I’ll bet you’ll identify with me when I tell you to run!

Mike: I do what I do, there is no “I” attached to the doing.

ego: Ok, fine! Go ahead and “detach.” From now on I’ll let you know what needs to be done. Just go on pretending I'm not even here, I'll experience everything for you.

Mike: There is no need to keep chattering like a monkey. I have no need for the mind any longer. I am finally liberating myself from you!

ego: Ok, Ok! So the next time you have sex, I’ll make sure you don't enjoy it.

Mike: Uh...wait a minute…

ego: Ahaa! Looks like that brought you around, didn’t it?

Mike: (sigh)

4 comments:

  1. There certainly are a lot of you in there! Nothing wrong with that. (Sex is even better these days, it seems.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't know. Sex has not arisen here, since the realization that this is it.

    But appearantly everything seems to be better these days within the cosmic joke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, there are quite a few of me in here.

    Thanks for the comments guys and here's hoping that good sex will be "arising" sooner or later.

    mikeS

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is by far the most obvious, and best, double entendre often occurring during the employ of "nonduality-speak;" i.e., using very few personal pronouns, so everything is "arising in awareness", and hopefully in the bedroom!

    ReplyDelete